Start your baby crawling journey
When the child is seven or eight months old, it is time to learn to crawl. So do you understand the importance of crawling for children?
1. Exercise coordination. Crawling can exercise the baby's large muscles throughout the body, especially the coordination and flexibility of the limbs. It is a comprehensive and strong physical activity.
2. Stimulate baby's vestibular function. Conducive to the development of sensory organs such as vision, hearing, spatial position, and balance.
3. Climbing can also enrich the neural connection between the brain and cerebellum, and help brain development.
4. Promote speech development; With constant verbal prompts from parents, the baby's body language and behavioral results will be highly interactive, stimulating the baby's thinking, speech and imagination.
5. Enhance the baby's desire to explore; after the baby crawls, the initiative of the activity will be greatly improved, and the range of his own activities will be greatly expanded. The baby will see more, listen more, and produce stronger surroundings Curiosity, stronger desire to explore.
When the baby can raise his head in the prone position and can carry weights on both upper limbs, parents can start crawling training. Crawl training is generally divided into four stages.
1. Hands and knees holding position
Ask your baby to kneel down with their hands and knees, paying attention to their upper limbs to fully support the ground. Both lower limbs flexed, and his head naturally lifted. At this time, if he teased him with a toy in front, his upper body would also stretch and lift up, and his head turned left and right following the movement of the toy.
2. Simulated crawling phase of center of gravity shift
At this stage, parents can alternately place the toy ball left and right next to the baby's left and right hands, so that the baby can alternately lift the left and right hands and throw the toy ball at hand. After the alternate upper limb movements are well coordinated, alternate lower limb movements are performed, and finally the alternate coordinated movements of the limbs are performed.
3. Assisted crawling phase
We can control the baby's pelvis with both hands, and gently lift and push the sides of the waist alternately, which will help the baby to learn to crawl; use both hands to control the baby's ankle, and use the gentle and rhythmic "left and right, left and right" password. Guide your baby forward. At this stage, attention should be paid to cultivating and enticing the baby's crawling interest, and attaching importance to positive feedback "commendation".
4. Crawling alone
When the baby starts to crawl alone, it may be performed with the left hand, left foot, right hand, and right foot. Gradually, as the proficiency increases, it will become a coordinated and alternating way of the left hand and right foot. The more you climb, the easier.
Amazing crawling journey, has your baby started?